Xyphien Forums

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What games are you playing about now?

Sims 2 - Sims 1 and 2 are both great in their own ways but 2 has way much more to do. I am not a fan of the career chance cards though.

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Xy$
Last week I went on a game shopping spree and got Hyrule Warriors (finally) and Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. I'm pretty much alternating between those two games now. XD

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm currently playing Don't Starve Together with a group of friends :) I'm currently downloading the new Final Fantasy MMO, and will be trying that out as soon as it's done downloading :D

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Xy$
I'm currently playing Don't Starve Together with a group of friends :) I'm currently downloading the new Final Fantasy MMO, and will be trying that out as soon as it's done downloading :D
Wait, FFXIV realm reborn?

It's... not exactly new, but it is good!

You might mean something else, though. :0

As for me?

I played a bunch of dots and squares with a colleague at school today does uhhh. Does that count?

I mean it's still a game, right?

So what video games am I to play, well!

Except my own, it's Intel dev and testplay ALL weekend, whoooo!

Akod

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
My friend and I started playing Helldivers again. I'm enjoying shooting my own teammates in the back, as well as crushing them with my ED-209, then proceeding to kill myself with my own ammo drops. =P

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Xy$
now that I have beaten FEF Conquest, I have moved on to Birthright!

really miss my Nohr family, though.... but at least I still have my precious butler (heart)

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Xy$
Sorry I took a while to respond, ultimately it was hard to pinpoint what it was i didn't like about Stardew Valley, I doubt it was the gametype, as I've played "My Lazy Afterrnoon" by Nong97, which I really liked... Stardew is... there's something about it so thoroughly obnoxious it pushes me away, to discover what it was, I had to delve deep. Deep, deeper, yet deeper into the machine, to find out what made it so bad in comparison to an RPG Maker game that was also inspired by Harvest Moon.

I found it. Because Stardew Valley made a lot of it's own things, unlike MLA which relied a lot of pre-supplied resources, it was disadvantaged in the fields a game like Harvest moon makes it's engrossing weight of leverage, the atmosphere and characters.

MLA is rich with an atmosphere and the characters are while not great, flawed enough to be human, and you progress slowly, but fast enough to get some sort of crop in the first few days.

In Stardew Valley the immersion is lost on a focus of combining the crushing corporate dystopia encroaching in a world seperated from it, and also just most of the writing is complete garbage.

Like when an RPG Maker game is essentially doing better what a game made in it's own engine was built for, I begin to question-- why?

Why the extension of effort? You can still make all custom graphics, music, etc.

But you could have easily ridden that engine home and it would not have suffered much.

Also the music in this game was ingratiating at it's best moments. You know the only music tracks I liked?

The eerie background sound only things, like when you're catching fish at the beech, or you go on the road into the tunnel and it just has a howling wind BGS.

I gave three hours for the game to hook me, but every moment beyond the first hour point I kept asking, why this extra-effort for no pay off? Someone could have made this game in RPG maker in less than a week. That's how disconnected it was from it's purpose.

I wanted to like it, but it was thoroughly the most obnoxious harvest moon clone I've played. The characters were all mostly COMPLETELY unlikeable, the writing could have been emulated better than a team of monkeys at type writers, and the music could have been better by just not being there.

The graphics were also inconsistent because the developer decided to switch direction midgame for next to no reason so it's all a huge fucking mess.

So, there's why I don't like Stardew Valley, if some do like it, that's awesome, and I won't judge you for that.

But I'd rather play My Lazy Afternoon, an RPG Maker game that is going for the same sort of thing but is actually good.

Myzt

Villager
Xy$
Playing Valkyrie profile DS and Rune factory DS on TAB for nostalgia and childhood fun :3

PS:I'm always having nosebleed when I read Old English dialogues...VP :/
On emu app ofcourse x3

Last edited:

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Well, being a fan of sandbox and open ended games, I've been playing Black Desert since it released. I am enjoying it quite well since there's so much you can do, and many ways to play the game. If you want to be a soldier, take on great hunts and rack in the rewards. If you prefer the farmer life, that's possible too lol. Or you could be like me and do a bit of everything from trading to fishing to fighting etc. It just seems like an endless amount of stuff. But one of the biggest pros for me is the ability to tame wild horses and breed them, have always been a fan of this since Wurm Online and Final Fantasy's Chocobo breeding. Gives a reason to have them for sure.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
i googled this game, to see some pics, and found this

now im sorry i ever looked it up :)
lmao the customizing is insanely detailed and completely the largest I've ever seen. But yeah....that's disturbing LOL. It's an awesome game though for sure! And the devs are quite active about patching any bugs encountered (unlike the rival MMO Blade and Soul where they take forever)

Akod

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
While waiting for my graphics card rma to finish I've had to rely on my consoles for gaming. Played a bit of Nights of Azure, and I'm kind of disappointed. I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting, but the main problem I have with it is the gameplay is dreadfully boring and repetitive. It's enemies spawn much like those in Kingdom Hearts games, you go through an area and they just spawn around you in waves, and there is only a couple attacks and it's mostly button mashing until the enemies fall, while using your summons for aggro to keep the enemies from surrounding you too much. The loot system reminds me more of Dynasty Warriors, where you find many duplicates of the same item, but the stat boosts on them are different for each one, yet they all seem to average out to about the same stat value overall.

Also started playing Monster Hunter 4 again. I'm pretty rusty, but it's still good fun. It's all coming back to me pretty quickly.
[doublepost=1466646428,1463806312][/doublepost]I started playing Battlefield 3 with some friends. I've never played it before, so I'm not very good yet, but it's still fun. Got that solid 8.8% overall accuracy and 0.44 K/D ratio.

MistyDay

Adventurer
Xy$
I bought resident evil 6 on sale ! its nice game but my lappy is lil slow :D
Also I spent few hours with alien shooter 2 also bought cheap, just for 1 buck.
Aaaand couse I have sleeping sickness again, thats all :P

Companion Wulf

Lone Wolf
Xy$
I recently found Dragon's Prophet, an MMORPG where you can catch and ride dragons! They'll even fight alongside you for a bit, gaining XP as they do so. So far, I'm enjoying it immensely!

I've also started going through some of my old SNES games, notably Tales of Phantasia. Forgot how ahead of its time it was!

Mr.Gaming

Towns Guard
Xy$
What I Commonly Play is Hyperdimension Neptunia, the PS3 version is not the Re ; Birth series . I think the PS3 version has a much better story than the Re Make . Apart from that there is in Re make almost all the dungeons of Neptunia Victory.

hbn

Villager
Xy$
Right now I'm playing Simpsons Tapped Out as a mobile game on my tablet. On the 3DS I'm currently aiming to complete Bravely Default, last chapter though getting their was annoying having to redo most of the game four times. The story justifies it probably but damn the repetitiveness.

On the PC time gets split between disappointing myself with FIFA 16 and having a playthrough of Final Fantasy VII. I've got a NG+ of Witcher 3 to work through eventually, plus Cities Skylines when I feel like it. I'd like to do another play through of GTA V but the game is glitching out for me. It is missing out tons of textures.

Wii U I completed Twilight Princess. Going back to complete Wind Waker when time allows. I have just ordered Star Fox Zero and Bravely Second though. Waiting for Nintendo to finally release the new Zelda game on the Wii U.

I don't tend to go for mobile gaming much. I don't on the phone mostly because it's a few years old and showing a bit of lag in apps but half the mobile games just don't interest me.

I've got a couple of PS3 games to finish off. RDR is near the end but I've not touched it for a year. Journey hasn't been out of its case. Okami I've to finish, The Last of Us hasn't been touched for ages. ICO and Shadow of the Colossus collection I started but didn't get far in to it. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, which I got mostly because it was cheap hasn't even had its plastic wrapping taken off it yet.