Xyphien Forums

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What games are you playing about now?

Companion Wulf

Lone Wolf
Xy$
Now that the idiots at Trion cancelled my subscription to RIFT for no reason, with no explanation and no return email (it's not like there was insufficient funds each month or I broke any rules or didn't play, etc.), I've been playing a few games.

But, the one I kept coming back to in my mind, at first, is Runescape. I played started playing from the beginning and sorely missed it. It's unfortunate that I had to cancel my subscription there (a number of reasons); I had a fairly high level character with high skill scores. Now I'm back to actively playing it with a new character. And realised just how MUCH I missed the game, so much so I forgot many of the quests, so it's kinda like playing as a newb again! Haha!

hbn

Villager
Xy$
Now that the idiots at Trion cancelled my subscription to RIFT for no reason, with no explanation and no return email (it's not like there was insufficient funds each month or I broke any rules or didn't play, etc.), I've been playing a few games.

But, the one I kept coming back to in my mind, at first, is Runescape. I played started playing from the beginning and sorely missed it. It's unfortunate that I had to cancel my subscription there (a number of reasons); I had a fairly high level character with high skill scores. Now I'm back to actively playing it with a new character. And realised just how MUCH I missed the game, so much so I forgot many of the quests, so it's kinda like playing as a newb again! Haha!
I tried Runescape back when I was about 13-ish. First foray on to an MMORPG. I was very noobish and got ganked by a higher level player in the Wilderness who promised he'd help level me up.

I was better at WoW later on. I do sometimes miss that game (though not the subscription prices). There is little reason for me to play it these days though. I mostly got into it because a mate of mine was introduced by another mate. Once they left I just lost interest. Dunno if my character still exists on their servers TBH. Account has probably been hacked and banned by now anyway.

Companion Wulf

Lone Wolf
Xy$
I was very noobish and got ganked by a higher level player in the Wilderness who promised he'd help level me up.
I hear ya. And being noobish and naive, some @&%^ toerag got my (then expensive) rune armour. Second time around, I went into the Wilderness "alone", met that same guy, who then was slaughtered by a group of my high-level friends. Karma's a charging bull! Hahaha!

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Do aseprite count as a game?
Haha, it could count as a game, depends on the fun factor it has for you :)

Lately, I been playing Sims4, which is far away from the style of games I'm used to playing, I'm having fun but I don't know how long it will last, it's not quite my cup of tea. I have also been playing the BioShock series, still on the first 1 but it's quite the epic game, I love the environment and atmosphere, as well as the unique location, very fun and well-developed game.

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
Haha, it could count as a game, depends on the fun factor it has for you :)

Lately, I been playing Sims4, which is far away from the style of games I'm used to playing, I'm having fun but I don't know how long it will last, it's not quite my cup of tea. I have also been playing the BioShock series, still on the first 1 but it's quite the epic game, I love the environment and atmosphere, as well as the unique location, very fun and well-developed game.
Omg LTN senpai ;-; you're the first one, everytime I play aseprite, peple say eet is not reel game

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Xy$
Wanna get aseprite too back then when i saw a thread about it ewe but welll.
I've been playing animals crossing www lately although I wanted to play pokemon platinum but its gooone. 400 hours played and now that game is gone. I'm glad i still have a nintendo for when youre on vacation and you dont have anything else to do~

Akod

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Haven't been playing games much recently, but what little I did was primarily Evolve Stage 2. They really changed quite a bit from when I played it before it became free to play. It's pretty nice having more than a couple hundred people playing the game at any given time, since you don't get stuck playing with the same people repeatedly, but now there's the problem of getting put onto a team of people who don't know how to play.

@Cunechan It sucks losing that much progress on a game. What happened to your copy of Platinum?

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Xy$
@Akod I've lost it I think. And I lost it once too (found it one year later). I foubd my soulsilver copy but it seems like I transferred all of my favorite pokemon on platinum(tears)

Evolve looked like a lot of fun back then when everyone played it. Is it the same game as evolve stage 2? What are the differences ouo?

Akod

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Evolve was renamed to Evolve Stage 2 with the free to play announcement, so at its core it is the same game. One of the main changes was that they removed all game modes except Hunt, which despite enjoying the other modes I feel was a good change as they were attempting to balance all characters and monsters for multiple game modes at once, which simply didn't work well. They overhauled the perk system entirely, though I feel like the new system is really good. They also changed each class ability to something completely different, with the exception of Medics healing burst. They changed Supports from an invisibility cloak to a small temporary shield that is given to you and all allies within a radius around you that decays over time, which makes more sense as a support skill, but isn't as good if the monster is focusing you which is common depending on which character you play. They changed assaults from a personal shield which absorbs all damage up to a certain threshold to a 10 second long "defense matrix" that absorbs 65% of all damage you take until the time runs out, which just isn't as good. The chance that your defense matrix will absorb more damage in the 10 seconds than the total damage your personal shield can absorb is unlikely, so unless you are fighting a monster that is all about taking down the assault first it isn't a better skill. I think by far the most important change is now that the ability to dome the monster is no longer limited to the Trapper class, now anyone can dome and the trapper skill was replaced with a map scan which tells the team which direction the monster is in for about 3-4 seconds. This is a great change, since now having a bad trapper won't throw the game for everyone and being trapper isn't so stressful (the main reason I didn't play it), especially since when it was a trapper skill you could miss doming the monster (now you can't drop the dome unless the monster is in range) and it would give the monster time to escape while the party checked the dome, and when the party realizes the monster isn't in it they wouldn't be able to start chasing it again until the trapper personally drops the dome. And if you go into a match and the trapper leaves, unless someone else jumped to trapper you would lose, as the trapper AI was worse than having a bad human trapper. Also, since the new trapper skill makes finding the monster easier, they made the monster stronger in early parts of the game to balance it out. Before, if you caught the monster in stage 1 (there are 3 stages and the monster gets stronger in each), unless your team was awful the monster wouldn't stand a chance, but now I've had entire competent parties get slaughtered by a stage 1 monster. There were several other small changes, such as the monster starting with 4 points instead of 3 so it would be able to start with level 1 in all of its skills now, but that is the main chunk of changes made. Oh, I almost forgot, they added new characters to the game, as well.

If you were planning on playing it I would say that this would be a great time to start. Pretty much all of the major changes have finished going through, so there shouldn't be any overhauls that will change how you play things. And with everything is fairly balanced, with the exception of one monster being so unfairly overpowered that they had to temporarily disable the use it, and the large playerbase, I think averaging somewhere around 10,000 currently, this would be a good time to learn everything.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Xy$
If you were planning on playing it I would say that this would be a great time to start. Pretty much all of the major changes have finished going through, so there shouldn't be any overhauls that will change how you play things. And with everything is fairly balanced, with the exception of one monster being so unfairly overpowered that they had to temporarily disable the use it, and the large playerbase, I think averaging somewhere around 10,000 currently, this would be a good time to learn everything.
Daaamn and this now after that "what am i supposed to play"-part my holidays is gone ;w; But im definitely gonna start with it~ Hehe that sounds so awesome, gonna find a few friends who'll play it with me~

Akod

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Hehe that sounds so awesome, gonna find a few friends who'll play it with me~
It'll be good to have at least one other person to play with, so a minimum of half the team will work together. Because we all have run into those people who play team games and try to do their own thing anyway. Also, while I'm sure you will find one or two classes you like the most, I would recommend becoming familiar with at least one character in each class, as you have a chance of getting stuck in any role. Ironically, I've been in a group where each of the 5 of us had a different top preference, so it aligned perfectly to the 4 classes and monster, yet I somehow still end up being shoved into monster, which is at the bottom of my preference list.

On an unrelated note, when rereading the part of my message that you quoted all the grammatical mistakes I made hurt me. I suppose that's what I get for rewriting and editing half of it and not proofreading afterwards. =P

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Xy$
Tales of Zestiria, Heroes of the Storm, Starbound, Overwatch, Tales of Link, Trails of Cold Steel, Stardew Valley, Diablo III, and soon, World of Warcraft (when Legion is released)

Ash55

NPC
Xy$
I've started playing a bit of Grand Theft Auto V again. I got most of the achievements when I played it on the 360 but never bothered to for the PS4 so that's what I'm trying to do now.

KaineOfElderon

Towns Guard
Xy$
I just started playing some classics again(I mean classics) Right now...ad&d on intellivison. Yeha I know..I am old

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
ZombsRoyale. Been getting really good at it. Me any my crew got second place for the whole day today.

Juneberry

Knight
Xy$
I've been primarily playing the Sims 4 since getting it free about a month ago. In truth, I only really play games on my mobile at this point besides Sims 4. Well, occasionally 100% Orange Juice with friends should also be listed, I suppose.