Xyphien Forums

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What games are you playing about now?

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Xy$
Basically tell us what you've been playing and what's cool about them, or what you don't like about them.

Personally, I've been playing a fair bit of Undertale, as well as modded Skyrim.

Undertale is a game with no equal, what other games can you go on a date with a skeleton? And that's only one highpoint!

Skyrim: You all oughta know about this thing, a bit lackluster without mods, but with T3nd0's perkus Maximus and some other neato mods installed, it's great at reminding me why having free time is a danger to my health.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Xy$
I'm currently playing League of Legends with a bunch of friends. We're all having a good time.
Earlier today, I played some Hearthstone with another of my friends.

I actually enjoy vanilla Skyrim. The only mod I really need to enjoy Skyrim is SkyUI. I've done a few playthroughs without it (after knowing of it and using it before). All of the mods I use are graphics related or immersion related. I use mods that add trees and fancy up the environment, make characters and other things look better, and small immersion things like player head tracking or the mod that lets you see your legs in first person view.
I don't use any overhauls or anything. No expansions or quests either.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
The last game I played was Shenmue for dreamcast, but is was really on an emulator. Nostalgia I guess, if you can withstand the horrible voice acting lol.

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
Xy$
Lord of the Rings Online: An old MMORPG made at around 2008-2007 that got forgotten basically 2 years ago. Addiction is the only reason why I still play it to this day.

PAC918

Towns Guard
Xy$
Mobile - Brave Frontier, Beast Quest and Evo Creo.
PC - Odin Quest, been playing this for a few years now. Super repetitive but that's what you get with most MMORPGs these days.
PC/Console - Battleborn whenever I get a chance to check out new versions. *Got a friend that is working on the game*

dcsant

Towns Guard
Xy$
On the weekends I usually play a game called Phantasy Star III on my PSP...

It's kinda old and primitive, but quite nostalgic and motivational for me. ;)

I've been playing Undertale and Rock Band 4 pretty non-stop outside of my uni classes.

Its a real shame Rock Band 4 didn't launch with online capability :/

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
Xy$
I've started play League of Legends all over again. A MOBA made around 2008-2009 and has millions of players. Pretty addicting but the reason I play is for fun. PVP is awesome and... Yea.

Tu Chau

Towns Guard
Xy$
Now I'm playing League of Legends. I just play for fun with my friends. I love to go mid, so I take all my love champions to go mid even they are supposed to be top or jungle (J4, Trundle, Blitzcrank, Renekton, or even Caitlyn..) :p. Of course I'm not always mid, I sometimes go top or adc, rarely jungle and support.

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Xy$
I've gone back to some games that I only finished once so far. Once and long ago. First one on that list is Lost Odyssey, a very old-schooly JRPG for Xbox 360, released in 2008. It has to be one of my favourite RPGs and maybe even one of my favourite games, too. There's not that many things that I don't like about it. And most of those things are outweighed by the story, the characters and the overall charm of the game. If you don't know it, I highly recommend checking it out. It was developed by former SquareEnix employees but really sets apart from the Final Fantasy mainstream. :D

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
I haven't had too much time for gaming since I've been back in college, but I've been playing quite a bit of Smash 4 with friends. I'm still on team Marth. :D

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Xy$
I've been playing Wildstar a little but I've mostly been too busy with school, being the leader of a 16 member company and gearing PFC for MV along with my contributions here that I've had to neglect gaming pretty much entirely.

My Collective and I are going to play Dragomon on the 15th though so that oughta be cool. I'll have to skip 3D class but I'm okay with that.

HitokiriGensai

Towns Guard
Xy$
I continuously add mods to both Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim, so they never get old. They have my favorite aspects of games - character creation, open-world exploration, and deserts and snow, respectively. I've also just started replaying Final Fantasy Tactics, since I realized I never actually beat it. I feel like very few JRPGs that I've played start out so challenging and with such a serious tone and complex story. And then... it gets even more challenging, serious and complex as it goes on XD

I'm currently playing Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning and it's pretty good ^^ (I love the "Fable-like" atmosphere)

And I also quite play a lot to Hearthstone.

Maebius

Knight
Xy$
I pretty much stick to Vanilla Skyrim on PS3 (with the 3 DLC, just got my first house last week, lol. yes, I'm behind the curve)
Also Minecraft. Not any mods or too many plugins, just a basic "dork around with random Survival (+Essentials) server we run for my son and his friends.

Eventually, I am SURE I'll be playing lots of cool little RPGMaker games, since I found this community. And release some silly games for feedback too, of course.

I would love to get back into gaming a lot more, but my schedule got really hectic in November '13, and has not calmed down enough yet. :)

4 "consoles", 4 games:
N64 - Legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask (for the third time)
It's a beautiful eerie tale of time traveling within a small world full of a myriad of side quests. It inspires me.
PSX/2 - Final Fantasy IV
In planning for my 2D RPG, I felt moved to try out the one Final Fantasy I never truly beat 100%; I got to the moon twice, and then I broke up with my PlayStation each time.
Nintendo Wii - Okami
Beautiful aesthetics, somewhat jarring drawing motion controls. The story is not that amazing to me, but man does it look and feel good. Japanese culture fascinates me.
Steam - Undertale
Man, I only recently had the chance to play through Earthbound, but if I had grown up with it this would be the near-predecessor. Absolutely a joy to play. I'm going pacifist mode, and it's been quite a challenge.