Xyphien Forums

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pokemon Sun and Moon

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Xy$
Are you ready?
I know I am.

The starters:

I usually go fire, but that owl is adorable.

Which one would you choose?

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm ready. I don't know if my wallet is ready, but I'm ready.

I think this is the first gen in a while where I don't think I'm going to have a tough time picking which version or starter to go with. Judging by the cover designs, I totally want Sun, and judging by the starter designs, I totally want Rowlett (the grass one).

LordBones

Knight
Xy$
Usually I go for the Water Type however this time I think I'm going with either the Owl or Fire Kitty. Probably Fire Kitty.

I'm certainly going to get it, currently making my way 151 in Pokemon Blue. Looking forward to it even though I didn't put much time into Pokemon X and Y even though I bought both (Y around a year after on the cheap). I really want this game to be good, it probably will be the same old however I really like the look of this game.

Companion Wulf

Lone Wolf
Xy$
This may well reintroduce me to Pokémon. Haven't played it in a while. Saw the Japanese commercial for it on My Nintendo News and thought, "Yep. Looks cool!" I like fire and cats, so would likely choose Litten.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Xy$
I really want this game to be good, it probably will be the same old however I really like the look of this game.
I'm glad they're going with normal proportioned characters instead of chibis. I thought it was weird seeing chibis in the overworld, and then more realistically proportioned trainers during battles. Not that it's really a big deal. :P

I'm ready. I don't know if my wallet is ready, but I'm ready.
For once, my wallet and I are both ready.

And, as for box legend, I'm going moon. I'll pass on another lion-like legend. Gimme the bat thing.

LordBones

Knight
Xy$
My wallet will need to be ready however it's so late in the year and with steam... Winter is coming.

Going to put it aside after I get a Vive I think. Not sure on which though, always seemed black and white before (...) this time I don't know which (confused)

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Xy$
I'm sure I'll get it, but the starters look pretty uninspired D: I hope they have cool evolutions!

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
The starters look kind of meh to me, curious what the rest will look like though. I never really use starters, because I'm weird like that. Plus I think it can make the game a little tougher raising the first weakest Pokémon I get my hands on instead of raising a strong starter.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Xy$
The starters look kind of meh to me
but the starters look pretty uninspired D:
I was pretty unhappy with them when I first saw them too. Litten looks kinda lame, and Popplio looks like a clown.
I think Rowlet looks the most starter-y out of the bunch, despite not being green. It's also really cute and an owl.

game might be good but this might just be the final generation of pokemon trainer games. starters are lame so im going to stay with the cat on this one.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Xy$
I think it's going to be another generic Pokemon game.
Game Freak is just too afraid to try anything different, which is a shame.
I was okay with X and Y being generic because they probably spent a lot of their resources updating Pokemon to 3D, but I won't be very happy if this one is too.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Xy$
I prefer the moon legendary.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
With the legendaries this time around, it's the same conundrum I ran into with Ruby/Sapphire. By all means, I feel like I should like Sapphire/Moon's legendaries better. I like the color schemes better, and I like the animals they're based off of better. I just... don't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way, I'll end up trading around until I have both! :D

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Xy$
I haven't liked the box legendary designs since gold and silver.But I don't think it matters.
They aren't hard to catch because of the master ball, and there isn't any incentive to use them.

I think the legendary trios are more interesting than the box legendaries.

LordBones

Knight
Xy$
Things is which one do you want to capture, and which one do you want to see when you load up the game...

I'm not big on the bat, but there are loads of lions I'm still on the fence I think. Starters wise I'm still on the Kitten obviously.

I haven't liked the box legendary designs since gold and silver.But I don't think it matters.
They aren't hard to catch because of the master ball, and there isn't any incentive to use them.

I think the legendary trios are more interesting than the box legendaries.
about that my master ball I save for the really hard ones to catch. you probably don't know how much I hated some of the newer games, I literally spent over 600 balls on one monster. I'm looking at you mesprit, azelf and uxie. I hated those guys and every legendary so bad. you normally only get 1 masterball per game. people who get more are either really lucky with the lottery or they hacked for duplicates. but I never win that stupid lottery. would be nice if I could buy master balls. but nope.

Oh yeah before I forget the normal basic pokeball has the highest catch rates for unique pokemons. yeah while my ultra balls and great balls which are supposed to be better had almost 0% catch rate on legendaries. and everything else also has ridiculously low catch rate. the only thing that retained its catch rate was the normal pokeball from the first store we can buy them in the game.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Xy$
about that my master ball I save for the really hard ones to catch. you probably don't know how much I hated some of the newer games, I literally spent over 600 balls on one monster.
Oh my goodness. I usually save them for the roaming pokemon, but I've never had much trouble with Legendaries. I never use more than 10 balls on a legend. I caught Xerneas with my first ball, a normal pokeball. I also caught black and white legendaries with normal pokeballs. (I like the way normal pokeballs look the most.)

I don't think I've ever used more than like 30-40 balls on one pokemon, and that was Ho-Oh in gen 2.

I feel like it's gotten way easier in recent years.

nope they made it harder, actually. in gen 1-3 it wasn't that bad. from gen 4 onwards they lowered the catch rate. the six hundred 600 balls was on gen six and gen five