Xyphien Forums

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name one thing that you added to your MV Project today

Added a custom title screen to my game, "Le Renard" (The Fox), and worked out a bit of story.
Le Renard.png

Also, got my new main character and her alter ego all set to go (read: medieval vigilante)
Actor_KH02_02_1.pngFox_1.png
[doublepost=1501281096,1500920870][/doublepost]Today, I mapped out the initial room the player spawns in. Still getting a hidden door to look pretty while appearing...

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
I finally made a skill tree for my sister's character. It's completely mouse controlled and only used one mouse script for the entire thing.

. . .i created the flashback part of the introduction scene of my game which includes
1. 4 maps ( 2 for setting the ambience, 2 for the scenes )
2. a few events : switches events, the actor events and dialogue events
3. choosing the right se, bgs and bgm, graphics ( tbd, template for now )

what should i do next for my project?
1. complete the introduction scene ( 50% progress )

Yesterday (and a few days earlier, as well) I:
-finished a happy/contemplative scene
-rerouted one section of Act 2, which leads into a more flowing area... literally.
-included character development

Added a custom title screen to my game, "Le Renard" (The Fox), and worked out a bit of story.
View attachment 6691

Also, got my new main character and her alter ego all set to go (read: medieval vigilante)
View attachment 6692View attachment 6693
[doublepost=1501281096,1500920870][/doublepost]Today, I mapped out the initial room the player spawns in. Still getting a hidden door to look pretty while appearing...
Did you draw that portrait? Or splice portraits from previous RPGM Games? Cause damn, that is one bootyful portrait! I recently added a new character, with spliced armor from a graphics pack...

Attachments

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Xy$
I am working on a new type of game. There will not be any character images nor any battle views. I will be using a point and click mouse system. This project will address different lessons that could help people understand simple mechanics of trading and using business sense. Topics that will be addressed will include: slavery, discrimination, and conflict resolution. Being educational and fun at the same time is one of my goals.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
So my next MV project will be called "The Story of Me" which will tell a custom story about a single survivor
of the Zeta Virus worldwide outbreak. The story takes place 12 years after it begins, and the player will be able to customize their backstory to fit them. How they choose it will determine how other events play out, what their strengths and weaknesses are, and who they've met as well as how they're viewed by other survivors. It's got a sort of "zombie" vibe to it, but they are just called Monsters, and look worse than zombies since they've been mutated by the virus, but it contracts the same way, bites, then fever, then reanimation and mutation.

What's unique about this one, is I am literally not using any items/skills/equips/states/etc from the MV engine. The character will use a portrait instead of the faces, and the type of battle system will be that image and a monster. It will have a sort of dice roll which will randomize what happens that turn. Depending on your luck, the enemy could get closer (eventually leading into a bite attempt if too close) or you could do something to hurt or kill them relatively quick. Harder monsters will of course have a harder chance of taking them out (making how you decide what to roll on more important). So essentially, it should end up being a game with total replayability since no two stories will be the same. Some will encounter bandits, cannibals, monsters, or other survivor camps, while others end up ending in starvation due to lack of farming knowledge and so on. Harsh, but should be interesting enough if I can get all of it to work right.

Oh, and pretty much all of the images are gonna be designed by me as well as most of the tileset assets. I will prolly use a larger character model than the default 48x48 too so I can add in more detail to the character. Gonna be a lot of work to tackle alone, but definitely something I am excited to attempt.