Xyphien Forums

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final Fantasy XV

How does it look?

• Total voters

EraYachi

Knight
Xy$
The game's been getting a lot of flack in communities, but honesty I think it's because a large quantity of the Final Fantasy fanbase have become very picky and sensitive. Like the complains about Prompto's character--man I can't wait for him. He's bloomin' awesome in his design, personality, the gun-totin'-boating-mgrotin' stuff and just the fact he's a foil for the frowny downy moody boys of his posse. It's gunn git good!

I've been ridin' the hype train for FFXV since its announcement and it's a circular track, bebeh.

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Xy$
The game's been getting a lot of flack in communities, but honesty I think it's because a large quantity of the Final Fantasy fanbase have become very picky and sensitive. Like the complains about Prompto's character--man I can't wait for him. He's bloomin' awesome in his design, personality, the gun-totin'-boating-mgrotin' stuff and just the fact he's a foil for the frowny downy moody boys of his posse. It's gunn git good!

I've been ridin' the hype train for FFXV since its announcement and it's a circular track, bebeh.
Yes. The thing is that the FF fan community has somewhat become accustomed to FF games being a certain way. And most of the FF fans are people who have been playing the series ever since the NES days. I can understand quite well that they're sensitive to changes, especially when they're being so grave compared to, say, FFX.
To be honest, if someone would radically change the mechanics of the Pokémon games, I would be pretty pissed too. :D

EraYachi

Knight
Xy$
Can't wait to see how they'll rip apart the 7 remake.
The only thing I worry about with the FF7 remake is that they'll cut way too much content from it. FF7 was pretty long and had tons of subplots and moments for each character (for example, the stuff that happened with Cid on the Rocket when it was launched at Meteor). It doesn't have to follow the 90's version perfectly, but if they tell the story in the most bare-bones way possible, I'll quit the series completely. I ain' gettin on this hype train just to get off on the wrong stop.

Am i the one who i was worried this game might get the same reputation as Final Fantasy XIII?
The newest Final Fantasy installments have somewhat punky settings.
Punky is a good word for it; I feel like it's also moving toward futuristic settings, as opposed to the medieval types. (FFVII and FFVIII are exceptions, and VI had a good balance.) The new "mechanical" feel resonates with a "punky" style, though, what with all those belts and beanies and hippie hair...

Wize1

Adventurer
Xy$
I'm a classic fan. I haven't followed final fantasy past FF XI.