Xyphien Forums

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final Fantasy XV

How does it look?

• Total voters

Status Gear Entertainment

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Release Date: 2016
Created By: Square Enix
Director: Hajime Tabata
Systems: PS4, XBox One
Genre: Action Role-playing

About: The game takes place in a world similar to modern-day Earth. The nations of the world once waged war over control of the world's crystals, and all but the nation of Lucis have lost theirs and regressed to medieval societies. Noctis Lucis Caelum, Crown Prince of the kingdom of Lucis—having gained magical power from a near-death experience—is driven from his home when the empire of Niflheim invades Lucis on the eve of the final peace negotiations between the two nations. Now on the run with his companions, Noctis begins to work towards defeating the forces of Niflheim and rescuing the crystal from their control.

Battle System: Active Cross Battle system
Setting: Set in a world similar to modern-day Earth
Development: Since May 2006

You should check it out. It's one of a few games that inspire me to keep on making!
Very Respectfully,
StatusGearEntertainment

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Xy$
Ahh Noctis <3 I've been waiting for this game since around 2012 and can't realize it will come soon ^o^ Time goes so fast. I'm so excited about ffXV (and about the remake of VII). So glad you remembered about this game XD the graphics look gorgeous like always and it's time to get a playstation 4.

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
VII Remake will be good. From what I remember is that it's going to use XV's battle system so it should be very interesting. Good thing I got a PS4 that's just waiting for XV. ^v^

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Xy$
By release, it'll have been 10 years since it all began...

That's getting close to Duke Nukem Forever's Development Cycle.

PixelMister

Villager
Xy$
I'd love to be able to play it, as it looks like a reasonable Final Fantasy Game (since 13 was dire).
However, I think I'd much rather play Type-0 as it's supposed to be brilliant.

I'm not much of a fan of the full male cast, since I actually prefer the females within the franchise, since they have a lot
more dimension to their characters.

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Xy$
I remember how happy I was back in the day when it was announced that Final Fantasy 13 was not PS3-exclusive. I got massively hyped after loving and playing the desert out of Final Fantasy 12 and I even preordered the limited edition along with the limited player's guide. What followed was a massive pile of disappointment. To this day I never so much as finished FF 13. And since this disappointment I'm extremely careful when it comes to the Final Fantasy series.
Final Fantasy 15 isn't a game that I am highly anticipating. I have been following the information on it on the side but I'm not really planning on getting a next-gen console to play it. I'm gonna sit and wait and read up on reviews and make a picture of the game and see if I might like it or not. There were times when any FF was an instant buy for me but ever since FF 13... well, yeah. Same with the FF 7 remake, actually. I never finished the original FF 7 either and I'm anticipating the remake about as much as FF 15. :D

Last edited:

Zebestian

Resource Team
Xy$
I miss the times when Final Fantasy was really an RPG.
That's a really funny thing with most games, actually. People always want games to be innovative, new and improved. And yet, if an established video game series actually experiments a little bit with new mechanics and all, it's being discarded by the fanbase, who say they want something "like in the old days". Compare the sale figures of Mario games for example. The best-selling ones are still the 2D jumpy ones. I appreciate SquareEnix experimenting with Final Fantasy. Progress can't be achieved just by sticking to what's become "normal". But that experimenting also means that I have to look twice at a game before actually buying it. As I've said, FF games used to be an instant buy for me (and remakes still are :P), but I'm always looking closely at new installments. :)

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I'd love to be able to play it, as it looks like a reasonable Final Fantasy Game (since 13 was dire).
However, I think I'd much rather play Type-0 as it's supposed to be brilliant.

I'm not much of a fan of the full male cast, since I actually prefer the females within the franchise, since they have a lot
more dimension to their characters.
Type-0 was alright. I got it for the sake of playing the XV demo. It's fighting style is the basic foundation of XV, it's what the prototype XV battle system was going to be like after lots of adjustments. Type-0 pretty much acts like another Kingdom Hearts with a FF story line to it. The game can be pretty hard if you aren't careful and aren't much of a grinder. You get around 13-14 different characters all specializing with some type of weapon and the game can get hard if you don't have a good understanding of all weapon types. Graphics wise and animation wise it's not that impressive for what ever reason. The concept is brilliant but the game over all I wouldn't say is.

I remember how happy I was back in the day when it was announced that Final Fantasy XIII was not PS3-exclusive. I got massively hyped after loving and playing the desert out of Final Fantasy XII and I even preordered the limited edition along with the limited player's guide. What followed was a massive pile of disappointment. To this day I never so much as finished FFXIII. And since this disappointment I'm extremely careful when it comes to the Final Fantasy series.
Final Fantasy XV isn't a game that I am highly anticipating. I have been following the information on it on the side but I'm not really planning on getting a next-gen console to play it. I'm gonna sit and wait and read up on reviews and make a picture of the game and see if I might like it or not. There were times when any FF was an instant buy for me but ever since FFXIII... well, yeah. Same with the FFVII remake, actually. I never finished the original FFVII either and I'm anticipating the remake about as much as FFXV. :D
All of your smileys are in the way of your FF names so I'm going to assume you mean FF 11 and 12 not 1 and 2. In which case I wouldn't blame you seeing that 12 was pretty hard if you didn't understand that the Gambit system had to be played with accordingly. If you bought all of your skills on one side of the Gambit system, odds are 3/4 of the time it isnt the healing and health portion meaning all your characters will drop dead real quick which is what I made the mistake of doing. For those who did the healing side of the gambit found the game to be pretty easy and fun.

Final Fantasy Tactics was the last FF game I got hyped up about which was a while back. Only this new 15 am I super hyped for because I've played the actual demo. 8 years was put into this game and I must say it does not fail to surprise me. I got scared when they put in scary parts, I got adrenaline when they included parts that were quick paced. The fighting system, flexibility and AI are really good. Square Enix made sure that after all this time, silly bugs and glitches aren't a thing to pick at because they aren't there. From what I heard, the 7 remake will be using 15's battle system as well which would be good to hear because you don't want a high quality 7 that's still turn based. It's the reason why I didn't play 13 with Lightning. It looked very good until I heard that it used a system that was still basically turn based. The game was also incredibly linear.

But we'll all see where this takes us. I know I didn't post much on this game but they do have videos of driving, chocobo riding, fishing and more fighting if you guys are interested! ^v^

Zebestian

Resource Team
Xy$
All of your smileys are in the way of your FF names so I'm going to assume you mean FF 11 and 12 not 1 and 2. In which case I wouldn't blame you seeing that 12 was pretty hard if you didn't understand that the Gambit system had to be played with accordingly. If you bought all of your skills on one side of the Gambit system, odds are 3/4 of the time it isnt the healing and health portion meaning all your characters will drop dead real quick which is what I made the mistake of doing. For those who did the healing side of the gambit found the game to be pretty easy and fun.
Oops. That happens when you don't check your posts. :D
No, I was not talking bad about FF 12 at all. It was FF 13 I got massively frustrated with. FF 12 was the last good Final Fantasy I played and I thought FF 13 would be just like it, just with a cooler setting (given all the desert in FF 12, it definitely was cooler though...) and when I got FF 13 I was disappointed as heck after all that hype I went through. Ever since then I've not hyped anything and generally don't have any expectations anymore. Saves a lot of frustration. XD

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Oops. That happens when you don't check your posts. :D
No, I was not talking bad about FF 12 at all. It was FF 13 I got massively frustrated with. FF 12 was the last good Final Fantasy I played and I thought FF 13 would be just like it, just with a cooler setting (given all the desert in FF 12, it definitely was cooler though...) and when I got FF 13 I was disappointed as heck after all that hype I went through. Ever since then I've not hyped anything and generally don't have any expectations anymore. Saves a lot of frustration. XD
Ahh yes, so you are part of the pool that says 13 was bad. xP I was just thinking about it getting it too, i was going to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Zebestian

Resource Team
Xy$
Ahh yes, so you are part of the pool that says 13 was bad. xP I was just thinking about it getting it too, i was going to give it the benefit of the doubt.
For the record: I never said it was bad. :)
I just got frustrated with it because it didn't turn out the way I expected. Objectively, it's not a bad game at all. I enjoyed some parts of it but never really got around to finishing it.

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
For the record: I never said it was bad. :)
I just got frustrated with it because it didn't turn out the way I expected. Objectively, it's not a bad game at all. I enjoyed some parts of it but never really got around to finishing it.
Fair enough. I might just get it then. I heard Lightning was a pretty cool character. ^v^

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Xy$
I've heard FF13 starts to get good about 30 hours in.

I'M SORRY I DON'T HAVE 30 HOURS TO WADE THROUGH SHIT JUST TO FIND GOLD. >:[

Do people honestly think that's a selling point for it at all?

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I considered Final Fantasy dead after the end of PS2 era, but that's just me...

I'd say the Final Fantasy series is seeking to redefine what the quintessential modern-day RPG is. Back in the day, when graphics were restricted and animations were limited, it made sense to have the classic side-view battle system with long, wide but easily-enough made dungeons. Now, with technology progressing at an impressive rate, it seems as though they're testing the limits by not only making things look sharper, but by trying elements that also keep pace with other genres of video games - real time battles (that are very flashy and strategic since there don't need to be turns and consoles can process chain attacks, etc.), which is resulting in moving away from their old style. Somewhere in the mix it also feels like the story component has faded a bit... I'm not exactly sure why that is, though. FFXIII felt more like a movie than a game, and much of the cinematics and voice acting were kind of laughable for me. It just felt fake and forced; that's why that game got me upset. Some people love it, and I say power to them. I fear FFXV will continue the trend of graphics and battle systems trumping plot and character development - if it achieves a good balance, though, that's one more reason to invent in a next gen console.

Zebestian

Resource Team
Xy$
FFXIII felt more like a movie than a game, and much of the cinematics and voice acting were kind of laughable for me. It just felt fake and forced; that's why that game got me upset.
Especially after Final Fantasy 12 did such a good job with its wide variety of different characters. FF 13 did have its good moments and Sazh is definitely a character I won't forget that quickly but I agree with you there to some extent. I also felt that the whole Serah-Snow-thing was too freaking cheesy... Have romance like in FFX. One or two big scenes and that's it. Not have one character be an ass about his girlfriend -sorry- fiancee for the entire game! :D

Especially after Final Fantasy 12 did such a good job with its wide variety of different characters. FF 13 did have its good moments and Sazh is definitely a character I won't forget that quickly but I agree with you there to some extent. I also felt that the whole Serah-Snow-thing was too freaking cheesy... Have romance like in FFX. One or two big scenes and that's it. Not have one character be an ass about his girlfriend -sorry- fiancee for the entire game! :D
Honestly, despite how blatant that relationship was, I consider quite forgettable... because until you just brought it up, I had completely forgotten about it. How's that for a lasting impression? I agree, romance really has to feel natural, and I think it's something that's very hit or miss; do it well, and you've got an awesome story component on your hands... do it poorly, and everyone discredits your ability to write stories. :c (Kidding, just an exaggeration... mostly...)

Zebestian

Resource Team
Xy$
Honestly, despite how blatant that relationship was, I consider quite forgettable... because until you just brought it up, I had completely forgotten about it. How's that for a lasting impression?
Honestly, I only just now thought of it, too, remembering all the characters and their relationship to each other and their roles in the game. Normally, I really like snow. But not if that "snow" is capitalized and the name of a stupid, yet handsome freaking Romeo in a trench coat. :D

Wimpbox

Towns Guard
Xy$
Am i the one who i was worried this game might get the same reputation as Final Fantasy XIII?
The newest Final Fantasy installments have somewhat punky settings.