Xyphien Forums

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite games to play during October (Halloween)?

Demonboy75

Towns Guard
Xy$
Being that it's October, the spookiest month of the year, I figured creating a little discussion about games appropriate to play during said month would be timely and intriguing. So, out of curiosity, what is it that all of you like to play in October to celebrate the coming of Halloween. Maybe give a brief description as to why, as well.

I'll start it off:
Personally, I like to play LISA The Painful RPG around this time of the year. It has an atmosphere that's unsettling, and there's more quirky NPCs in it than any other game I can think of. I would list a horror game, but I'm a wimpy little baby, so I don't play those (XD). I would definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it, but I give the fair warning that it isn't intended for the kiddies.

Mysiath

the Eternal Lord in the Nothingness
Xy$
Wait... what? People really do this? They really play certain genre games during Halloween and whatever else times? Like go happy jolly games during Christmas and all that jazz? What have I missed?

But I would have to say that I would install Amnesia; The Dark Descent again and play that.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Xy$
I play the same games, regardless of the season or holiday. Now the games that I make may change, if there is a contest.

Answering the question though: Mount and Blade: Warband, with Floris Evolved Mod.

Demonboy75

Towns Guard
Xy$
Wait... what? People really do this? They really play certain genre games during Halloween and whatever else times? Like go happy jolly games during Christmas and all that jazz? What have I missed?

But I would have to say that I would install Amnesia; The Dark Descent again and play that.
That's a good game to play during Halloween, for sure. I haven't played it for myself, but I've heard it's quite frightening.

Also, I thought the exact opposite as you before I read this comment. I just assumed everyone played certain games at certain times of the year to celebrate the holidays. It is entirely possible that other people don't do it and I assumed wrong (based on the current replies I think that might be true). To each his/her own. (slanty)

Jodis

Adventurer
Xy$
I like to play games that don't reflect the holidays because i want a brake from it. I like minecraft, elder scrolls, Dungeon Siege 2, and if i am sick i will play Harvest Moon.

FANGirl

Residential Vampire
Xy$
I usually play the same games no matter the holiday. But I have fond memories of beating Jersey Devil on a Halloween a long, long time ago~ and to boot, it's a fun game to play during spooky season. x3