Xyphien Forums

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

Beyond The Forest[Contest 4/2019] 2019-05-02

No permission to download

Shojiki

Villager
Xy$
Shojiki submitted a new resource:

Beyond The Forest[Contest 4/2019] - Story of an entity who continues to protect a particular forest(Jungle) with unusual abilities.

The Ruler of the Forest has reign the protector of the Jungle for years due to their majestic abilities that they've been blessed with from the gods. Utilizing these abilities, the protector has fended off countless threats to the forest. A new threat to the forest shows, will the Ruler of the Forest prove to be successful in their defense once more? Play the game to find out!
Read more about this resource...

Shojiki

Villager
Xy$
Game Is fairly good in quality in my opinion but may seem a bit rushed near the very end(like literally the end) due to extreme time constraints as a result of my negligence. Overall was a good experience, and I'm at least glad I was motivated to in some way finish a game.

Guard. Not Gaurd.

On the second screen in the cave, I knocked out and moved the first individual when the Blonde wasn't looking, and moved him behind a wall. The second I slipped behind her and hit her - but could not advance. Attempting to move her told me that I didn't need to move her - then started a fight. Every time I beat her, the counter went up. I don't assume that's how you intended me to defeat all 20 mercenaries.

I've attached a screenshot showing the exact layout if needed. The blonde was in the narrow spot, facing left, I was in the nook of the L, she walked by to the right, I stepped in and knocked her out. Can't advance, not even getting an error at the exit, just kinda stuck.

The fight also only occurs in the square to the left of the downed body. Above and to the right just generate the "Not necessary to move the body" message alone.

-edit- up to 21/20. Without the ability to use the Esc key to get to options or to quit to menu, my only choice is to close the program.

Attachments

Shojiki

Villager
Xy$
Guard. Not Gaurd.

On the second screen in the cave, I knocked out and moved the first individual when the Blonde wasn't looking, and moved him behind a wall. The second I slipped behind her and hit her - but could not advance. Attempting to move her told me that I didn't need to move her - then started a fight. Every time I beat her, the counter went up. I don't assume that's how you intended me to defeat all 20 mercenaries.

I've attached a screenshot showing the exact layout if needed. The blonde was in the narrow spot, facing left, I was in the nook of the L, she walked by to the right, I stepped in and knocked her out. Can't advance, not even getting an error at the exit, just kinda stuck.

The fight also only occurs in the square to the left of the downed body. Above and to the right just generate the "Not necessary to move the body" message alone.

-edit- up to 21/20. Without the ability to use the Esc key to get to options or to quit to menu, my only choice is to close the program.
Whoa my bad, I want to state that I kinda rushed it cause I was running out of time but in all my tests I never encountered that, thanks for this and also I'm very sorry. Thanks for also taking the time to try the game. I'll be sure to fix all of the bugs on this for any future players after I've been firmly evaluated for the contest.

I got stuck on the shaking platform after defeating and grabbing the veteran soldier. Is it possible/are we meant to be able to get out of the cave or is that as far as the submitted build takes us?

Shojiki

Villager
Xy$
I got stuck on the shaking platform after defeating and grabbing the veteran soldier. Is it possible/are we meant to be able to get out of the cave or is that as far as the submitted build takes us?
There should be a message giving you the commands to teleport across the map that flashes periodically, but I also admit that I should have given an arrow indicator to tell you in which direction to teleport to. My apologies, if you still intend to complete what's left of the game you need to go right and hold shift + x to teleport forward at the edge of the cliffs/floors.