Xyphien Forums

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Relic in the Jungle [Contest 4/2019]

A Relic in the Jungle [Contest 4/2019] 1.1

No permission to download

vigaman

Villager
Xy$
vigaman submitted a new resource:

A Relic in the Jungle [Contest 4/2019] - Two adventurers traverse through an uncharted island in search of a relic hidden in the jungle.

This our entry for the RMMV Game Dev contest 2019.

Story
There is a relic that can grant a person one wish if that person can find it. Gareth has a hunch of where the relic will be and goes with William to tell Caitlin how they can bring her father Sean back to life. William, Caitlin, and Gareth decides to go to an uncharted island to find an ancient Azor Ruins that contains the relic. As Gareth is left behind to watch over the boat, William and Caitlin traverse through the jungle...
Read more about this resource...

I've not yet gotten past the mass of scorpions. Well, first mass past the pair...sixth gated battle, I suppose,

I found it strange that the battle guide in the beginning mentioned running away, yet the only fights I encountered were fights I couldn't escape - option was completely greyed out. Was I just lucky enough to not get hit with any random battles, or is that intentional misinformation (or does it only apply later on?)

I've not yet gotten past the mass of scorpions. Well, first mass past the pair...sixth gated battle, I suppose,

I found it strange that the battle guide in the beginning mentioned running away, yet the only fights I encountered were fights I couldn't escape - option was completely greyed out. Was I just lucky enough to not get hit with any random battles, or is that intentional misinformation (or does it only apply later on?)
You can run from the battles with less foes that are only there to prime the players to their stats. The battles with greater numbers are boss fights. Thanks for playing.

I like the story/concept. As in I found it gripping enough to continue playing until i got to the scorpions, I only stopped because I want to look at other stuff.. Other than that it felt nicely balanced, like i thought i was going to lose but didn't..

Last edited: