Abstract: Save your Mother is an upcoming commercial version of a highly succesful RPG Maker game that was created within the span of one month for the "Quest for Fun" contest. The original version won the first place and was downloaded by 39288 people before the download was removed. The commercial version improves on every single aspect of the original, including making many things from the ground up fresh and new, keeping many things that made the old game work but also improving on the format enough for a commercial release.
Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace
Save Your Mother on Social Media
The game takes place in the same Megaverse as all my other projects, as such there is a rich and robust world to build with the mythos of over 15 years of game making. The timeline for the game takes place about 500 years in the New World after the Old World was destroyed by the War of Gods, if anyone is interested or well versed in my mythos.
There are quite several colorful characters in the game, here are just few important ones.
Alice is the main character of the game, as well as the avatar the player controls throughout the game. She is a renowed scholar nicknamed "Silver Scholar" due to the coloring of her hair. She uses her knowledge and skills to find out about the legend of Elohim Cube as well as making use of it in solving the various tasks that wait inside.
Jenna is the rival you meet early into the game. She wants to obtain the cube as well for her own sake, though she wishes to sell the cube and earn a fortune from it. Jenna is unlike Alice, very streetsmarts girl and doesn't shy away from using dirty tactics. She and Alice are against each other but for no personal reason but rather them both having a common goal.
Elisa is the mother of Alice who has grown ill. Alice knows that nothing can cure her mother but the Elohim Cube, she has already tried everything but no ailment has worked, not even out of ordinary cures. The game ends if she dies.
Far too big to list here without stretching the post immensly.
- Save Your Mother! is a turn-based RPG with puzzle elements. While this combination may seem all too familiar, the fast- paced combat scenes and intricate characters set this game apart.
- Rapid combat with epic special moves!
- Hand painted cutscene art and character with a variety of emotions, blinking and mouth movement complements the intense and emotional plot.
- The inspiring but eerie soundtrack will evoke a variety of emotions from fear to happiness and will set the stage for intense battles and emotional story scenes.
- Unlock the special "hardcore" mode to add challenges and replay value!
- Steam achievements and Trading Cards are included, so happy collecting!
"Definitely one of the best RPG maker games I played!"
"This game is outstanding!"
"I really enjoyed your game "Save Your Mother". It was a joy to play, and it really did deserve first place. Hope you're using the prize money wisely!"
"I just played it and like it! I didn't feel the time running by xD, nice work!"